    Is there a more "modern" way to do this?

    Thanks...

    Bruce

    bruce, Dec 21, 2010

  2. On 12/21/2010 12:22 PM, bruce wrote:
    > I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
    > line:
    > javaw -jar myfile.jar
    >
    > Is there a more "modern" way to do this?
    >
    > Thanks...
    >
    > Bruce

    Windows and Linux both allow you to click on a file icon of a .jar and
    run it. What are you really trying to do?

    --

    Knute Johnson
    s/nospam/knute2010/

    Knute Johnson, Dec 21, 2010

  3. bruce

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:22:30 -0800 (PST), bruce

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html#ASSOCIATION
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Dec 22, 2010
  4. "bruce" <> wrote in message
    > I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
    > line:
    > javaw -jar myfile.jar
    >
    > Is there a more "modern" way to do this?

    If you write a service that interfaces with Twitter you can start them from
    your cell phone.

    Mike Schilling, Dec 22, 2010
  5. bruce

    bruce Guest

    On Dec 21, 3:29 pm, Knute Johnson <> wrote:
    > On 12/21/2010 12:22 PM, bruce wrote:
    >
    > > I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
    > > line:
    > > javaw -jar myfile.jar

    > > Is there a more "modern" way to do this?

    > > Thanks...

    > > Bruce

    > Windows and Linux both allow you to click on a file icon of a .jar and
    > run it.  What are you really trying to do?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Knute Johnson
    > s/nospam/knute2010/

    Thanks..

    I created a shortcut on my desktop.. Double clicking works as
    expected..

    Bruce

    bruce, Dec 22, 2010
  6. bruce

    bruce Guest

    On Dec 21, 11:27 pm, "Mike Schilling" <>
    wrote:
    > "bruce" <> wrote in message

    > > I am currently starting my jar files using a .bat file with the single
    > > line:
    > > javaw -jar myfile.jar

    > > Is there a more "modern" way to do this?

    > If you write a service that interfaces with Twitter you can start them from
    > your cell phone.

    I wasn't expecting anything "THAT" modern!!

    Thanks for the response.

    Bruce

    bruce, Dec 22, 2010