Statistical Mathematics in Java

dave

If i'm not mistaken, you would have to look for a proprietary solution to
that... or make up your own classes to deal with these algorithms...

Filip Larsen

Elspeth Thorne wrote
and I answered
10 seconds with google gave me http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/math/
which seems to fit your bill.

If you had already found the commons-math library and noticed what I had
not, namely that there are no official release yet, you are hereby
allowed one scornful reply for my answer above :).

However, you might still find the nightly build of the library useful.

Regards,

Martin Trobec

I'd recommend the java statistical libraries included with Colt and JSci.

Martin

Elspeth Thorne

Hey all,

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't for the life of me find a java
package that deals with statistical mathematics - things like standard
deviation, mean, z-scores, etc.

I'd appreciate enlightenment.

Thanks,

Elspeth.

Lance Lamboy

Hey all,

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't for the life of me find a java
package that deals with statistical mathematics - things like standard
deviation, mean, z-scores, etc.

I'd appreciate enlightenment.

Thanks,

Elspeth.

Since I keep all of my data in a database, I just use the db's builtin
statistical functions.

Elspeth Thorne

Elspeth said:
Hey all,

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't for the life of me find a java
package that deals with statistical mathematics - things like standard
deviation, mean, z-scores, etc.

I'd appreciate enlightenment.

Thanks,

Elspeth.

Thank you for your help, people. I ended up cobbling together a few sql
queries and doing my own implementation - it was easier that way.

Elspeth.