    can provide. If the device is better, I may switch.

    Thanks.
    Dung Ping

    Dung Ping, Dec 7, 2005

  2. __/ [Dung Ping] on Wednesday 07 December 2005 13:36 \__

    > Hi,
    >
    > My ISP is http://RisingNet.com. I pay only $50.00 per year for 200mb
    > space. With it the statistics for the site and pages are kept for only
    > 12 months. After that the information will be deleted automatically.
    >
    > For instance, after three years with this ISP, I will have records only
    > on the number of hits and visits for last one year, but not the total
    > of all three years.
    >
    > I am interested to learn what statisitcal information that other ISPs
    > can provide. If the device is better, I may switch.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Dung Ping

    Only a few weeks ago, my first proper host (since 2001, unless you count
    Geocities in 97/98) purged all my statistics -- going back to 2001 --
    without informing me. When I contacted them, they finally replied
    apologetically, saying it was too late for stats to be recovered. Needless
    to say, that's incompetence. If you pay $50 for 200MB and the service such
    as described above, you are missing out on much better deals. One example
    among many:

    http://catalyst2.com/services/hosting/linux/index.asp

    - 250 MB Disk Space
    - 1 GB Monthly Data Transfer
    - 1 Catch-All E-Mail Account
    - 1 Mailing List
    - 1 Subdomain
    - 1 mySQL Database
    - PHP4, Perl Supported

    £11.99/year
    (£14.09 inc VAT) £4.99/month
    $19.00/year
    ($22.36 inc VAT)

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Dung Ping

    Safalra Guest

    On 7 Dec 2005 05:36:47 -0800, Dung Ping wrote:
    > My ISP is http://RisingNet.com. I pay only $50.00 per year for 200mb
    > space. With it the statistics for the site and pages are kept for only
    > 12 months. After that the information will be deleted automatically.
    >
    > For instance, after three years with this ISP, I will have records only
    > on the number of hits and visits for last one year, but not the total
    > of all three years.

    Have you checked that the old data isn't hidden somewhere on the server? My
    host uses Webalizer, which only shows statistics for the last twelve
    months, but I found that all the older statistics were still on the server
    in a _private/stats directory.

    --
    Safalra (Stephen Morley)
    http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/

    Safalra, Dec 7, 2005
  4. Dung Ping

    Dung Ping Guest

    Safalra wrote:
    > On 7 Dec 2005 05:36:47 -0800, Dung Ping wrote:
    > > My ISP is http://RisingNet.com. I pay only $50.00 per year for 200mb
    > > space. With it the statistics for the site and pages are kept for only
    > > 12 months. After that the information will be deleted automatically.
    > >
    > > For instance, after three years with this ISP, I will have records only
    > > on the number of hits and visits for last one year, but not the total
    > > of all three years.

    > Have you checked that the old data isn't hidden somewhere on the server? My
    > host uses Webalizer, which only shows statistics for the last twelve
    > months, but I found that all the older statistics were still on the server
    > in a _private/stats directory.

    Webalizer is my stat. software, too. But by going to my control panel,
    I didn't see such a directory as you have. Probably I need to talk to
    my ISP people again. Thanks for help.

    Dung Ping

    Dung Ping, Dec 9, 2005