Status Bar Text for Link Button

Brian Hoops

Is there a way within asp to modify what the status bar text reads when the
user hovers above the text for a link-button.

IE: http://www.sitename.com/pagename.aspx rather than
javascript:__dopostback(......

or do I need to have a javascript onmouseover for every one?

Thanks for the help!
-Brian

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Brian said:
Is there a way within asp to modify what the status bar text reads when the
user hovers above the text for a link-button.

IE: http://www.sitename.com/pagename.aspx rather than
javascript:__dopostback(......

or do I need to have a javascript onmouseover for every one?

Brian, there's not a property of the LinkButton class to do this -
you'll have to add the JavaScript yourself. This would be a cool custom
control to build, though - create a class that extends from the
LinkButton class, adding a StatusBarText property that, when set,
automatically injected the needed JavaScript.

You know what, I think I'll create such a control myself, and then whip
up a quick article on it on my site (http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com/).
If you want, you can then use my custom control, saving yourself the
need to add the JavaScript yourself.

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Brian, you can download the code at:
http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/code/skmLinkButton.zip

There's a working demo at:
http://www.datawebcontrols.com/demos/skmLinkButtonDemo.aspx

I added both a StatusBarText property and a ConfirmMessage property,
with the second property working like Andy Smith's ConfirmedButtons
controls (http://metabuilders.com/Tools/ConfirmedButtons.aspx). I've
yet to test this second property, though... gotta run, but I plan on
writing up a short article on 4Guys on this control.

hth

Brian said:
Thanks for the reply Scott. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

Brian Hoops

Thanks Scott.

I'm willing to guarantee that this will save me a lot of time! Excellent
article as well.

-Brian