    or do I need to have a javascript onmouseover for every one?

    Thanks for the help!
    -Brian
    Brian Hoops, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Brian Hoops wrote:
    > Is there a way within asp to modify what the status bar text reads when the
    > user hovers above the text for a link-button.
    >
    > IE: http://www.sitename.com/pagename.aspx rather than
    > javascript:__dopostback(......
    >
    > or do I need to have a javascript onmouseover for every one?

    Brian, there's not a property of the LinkButton class to do this -
    you'll have to add the JavaScript yourself. This would be a cool custom
    control to build, though - create a class that extends from the
    LinkButton class, adding a StatusBarText property that, when set,
    automatically injected the needed JavaScript.

    You know what, I think I'll create such a control myself, and then whip
    up a quick article on it on my site (http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com/).
    If you want, you can then use my custom control, saving yourself the
    need to add the JavaScript yourself.

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 21, 2004

  3. Brian Hoops

    Brian Hoops Guest

    Thanks for the reply Scott. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

    Brian Hoops, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Brian, you can download the code at:
    http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/code/skmLinkButton.zip

    There's a working demo at:
    http://www.datawebcontrols.com/demos/skmLinkButtonDemo.aspx

    I added both a StatusBarText property and a ConfirmMessage property,
    with the second property working like Andy Smith's ConfirmedButtons
    controls (http://metabuilders.com/Tools/ConfirmedButtons.aspx). I've
    yet to test this second property, though... gotta run, but I plan on
    writing up a short article on 4Guys on this control.

    hth

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 21, 2004
  5. Brian, the article is now online at

    Thanks

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 21, 2004
  6. Brian Hoops

    Brian Hoops Guest

    Thanks Scott.

    I'm willing to guarantee that this will save me a lot of time! Excellent
    article as well.

    -Brian

    Brian Hoops, Oct 21, 2004