    How can I add on a JFrame a status bar line
    (line appear on the bottom left<->right of the frame).

    Thanks :)

    Eitan M, Aug 15, 2007

  2. Eitan M

    Roedy Green Guest

    >How can I add on a JFrame a status bar line
    >(line appear on the bottom left<->right of the frame).

    You can change the title of the frame, but that is about it. If you
    wanted to use that space for additional gismos, you would have to
    subclass JFrame.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Aug 15, 2007

  3. Roedy Green wrote:
    >>How can I add on a JFrame a status bar line
    >>(line appear on the bottom left<->right of the frame).

    >You can change the title of the frame, but that is about it. If you
    >wanted to use that space for additional gismos, you would have to
    >subclass JFrame.

    Rot.

    JFrame frame = new JFrame("The Frame);
    frame.getContentPane().setLayout( new BorderLayout() );
    JLabel statusMessage = new JLabel();
    frame.getContentPane().add( statusMessage, BorderLayout.SOUTH )

    This is simply a statusMessage JLabel added to an
    existing JFrame - no extend necessary.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/