    displaying the status of several steps to console, or should I write a
    wrapper module regarding status messages myself?

    Thanks for your thoughts.
    Sven S., Dec 9, 2008

  2. 2008/12/9 Sven S. <>:
    > is there already a library I'm not aware of which allows for easy
    > console message formatting similar to the usage of rc.status with the
    > init.d scripts? Is there an established "best practices" way for
    > displaying the status of several steps to console, or should I write a
    > wrapper module regarding status messages myself?

    I have no idea what rc.status outputs (my Linux doesn't have it) but
    chances are that you can pretty easily format your desired output via
    printf or sprintf. What exactly do you need?

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Dec 10, 2008

  3. Sven S.

    Sven S. Guest

    > I have no idea what rc.status outputs (my Linux doesn't have it) but
    > chances are that you can pretty easily format your desired output via
    > printf or sprintf. What exactly do you need?
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > robert

    I'm sorry for my rather unhelpful description. The functionality I'm
    looking for should support me in outputting status info of certain steps
    in a script ("done", "failed") as well as loading bars, etc. to console.

    I asked the question because I considered these to be often required and
    therefore have been neatly packed up in some kind of library for better
    usage. I could also write those all by myself using the mentioned
    printf/sprintf functions, of course.

    Sven
    Sven S., Dec 11, 2008