status line

David Dorward

Thomas said:
How can I withdraw information from the status line ?

The status bar is there for the benefit of the user. Hiding the information
in it is a stupid idea, and even putting your own status information there
is usually ill advised (as there are normally better ways to do it).

Any information the browser displays in the status bar is available to the
user through other techniques, although not as convenient for the user, and
most browsers include features to disable the ability of JavaScript to
interfere with status information without altering any other JavaScript
feature. So you can't depend on being able to change it anyway.

Martin Johansen

How can I withdraw information from the status line ?

Add the following to your site.

<script>
window.defaultStatus = "This is a message dominating the status bar.";
</script>

David Dorward

Martin said:
Add the following to your site.

<script>

Missing a type attribute (or a language attribute if you are working in HTML
3.2)
window.defaultStatus = "This is a message dominating the status bar.";

Won't work under my browser configuration. I think it will get replaced with
useful status information for any status information would provide other
then "loading" or "loaded".