status of in/out board automatically change upon login

Shawn

i have an in/out board written in perl, but as of now users have to
click on their name on the web page to change their status from either
in or out. i was wondering if it is possible to configure it to work
with windows, so when they login their status changes automatically,
same as for when they logout.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed) (Shawn):
i have an in/out board written in perl, but as of now users have to
click on their name on the web page to change their status from either
in or out. i was wondering if it is possible to configure it to work
with windows, so when they login their status changes automatically,
same as for when they logout.

Not at all easily. To do so would require users to install a program to
run at login/out which contacted your website... you would have to write
this program, probably in C(++) (or maybe VBS?) as I doubt your users
would want to install Perl.

Ben

Eric Bohlman

Not at all easily. To do so would require users to install a program to
run at login/out which contacted your website... you would have to write
this program,
Yes.

probably in C(++) (or maybe VBS?) as I doubt your users
would want to install Perl.

Which won't be necessary, now that PAR and pp exist.