    same as for when they logout.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

    Shawn, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Shawn

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth (Shawn):
    > i have an in/out board written in perl, but as of now users have to
    > click on their name on the web page to change their status from either
    > in or out. i was wondering if it is possible to configure it to work
    > with windows, so when they login their status changes automatically,
    > same as for when they logout.

    Not at all easily. To do so would require users to install a program to
    run at login/out which contacted your website... you would have to write
    this program, probably in C(++) (or maybe VBS?) as I doubt your users
    would want to install Perl.

    Ben

    --
    Joy and Woe are woven fine,
    A Clothing for the Soul divine William Blake

    Ben Morrow, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Shawn

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Ben Morrow <> wrote in

    > Not at all easily. To do so would require users to install a program to
    > run at login/out which contacted your website... you would have to write
    > this program,

    Yes.

    > probably in C(++) (or maybe VBS?) as I doubt your users
    > would want to install Perl.

    Which won't be necessary, now that PAR and pp exist.

    Eric Bohlman, Jun 7, 2004