status of language change requests

Peter Ballard

Hi all,

I don't like the way that port types "buffer" and "out" can't connect,
and in fact the issue was officially raised in 1994, in Issue Request
1077 (http://www.eda.org/isac/IRs-VHDL-93/IR1077.txt).

With a bit of googling, I can't find any more information on this IR,
except that it was assigned low priority in the minutes of a 1995
meeting.

Is this issue request still unresolved?

Is it possible to find a list of all issue requests, and their status
(accepted, rejected or unresolved).

Thanks in advance.

--
Peter

p.s. if you feel the need to reply by email, replace "ozemail" with
"radlogic" to get my work email. And put "Peter" in the 1st line to
get thru the spam filter.

Peter Ballard

Egbert Molenkamp said:
Its already part of the standard. If your tool is up-to-date is supports the
example given in your link.
(http://www.eda.org/isac/IRs-VHDL-93/IR1077.txt).
Make sure to enable VHDL 2002 mode, if required

Thank you, you are correct.

I guess the answer to my wider question (where can I find information
on language updates?) is that the spec is not free (in either sense of
the word), so I can't expect to find update information on the web.
Correct?