status of language change requests

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Peter Ballard, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    I don't like the way that port types "buffer" and "out" can't connect,
    and in fact the issue was officially raised in 1994, in Issue Request
    1077 (http://www.eda.org/isac/IRs-VHDL-93/IR1077.txt).

    With a bit of googling, I can't find any more information on this IR,
    except that it was assigned low priority in the minutes of a 1995
    meeting.

    Is this issue request still unresolved?

    Is it possible to find a list of all issue requests, and their status
    (accepted, rejected or unresolved).

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Peter

    p.s. if you feel the need to reply by email, replace "ozemail" with
    "radlogic" to get my work email. And put "Peter" in the 1st line to
    get thru the spam filter.

    Peter Ballard, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Its already part of the standard. If your tool is up-to-date is supports the
    example given in your link.
    (http://www.eda.org/isac/IRs-VHDL-93/IR1077.txt).
    Make sure to enable VHDL 2002 mode, if required

    Egbert Molenkamp

    Egbert Molenkamp, Apr 20, 2005

  3. "Egbert Molenkamp" <> wrote in message news:<d44vu4$ffh$>...
    > Its already part of the standard. If your tool is up-to-date is supports the
    > example given in your link.
    > (http://www.eda.org/isac/IRs-VHDL-93/IR1077.txt).
    > Make sure to enable VHDL 2002 mode, if required

    Thank you, you are correct.

    I guess the answer to my wider question (where can I find information
    on language updates?) is that the spec is not free (in either sense of
    the word), so I can't expect to find update information on the web.
    Correct?

    --
    Peter

    Peter Ballard, Apr 21, 2005
  4. During the development of the new version anyone can contribute.
    Have a look at: http://www.eda.org/vhdl-200x/

    But you are right that after the ballot you have to buy the standard.

    Egbert Molenkamp, Apr 21, 2005