    I read a story that lccwin is no longer supported and will not be updated
    any more. Does anyone know why or what is going on ?

    Thanks

    sandeep, Feb 5, 2010

  2. sandeep

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-02-05, sandeep <> wrote:
    > I read a story that lccwin is no longer supported and will not be updated
    > any more. Does anyone know why or what is going on ?

    I've heard nothing to that effect. It wouldn't hurt if you'd, say, provided
    some kind of citation to the "story" so we could tell you whether it was
    perhaps from a decade ago or otherwise irrelevant.

    -s

    Seebs, Feb 5, 2010

  3. sandeep

    Ian Collins Guest

    sandeep wrote:
    > Hello friends
    >
    > I read a story that lccwin is no longer supported and will not be updated
    > any more. Does anyone know why or what is going on ?

    It has its own group (comp.compilers.lcc) why not ask there?

    --
    Ian Collins

    Ian Collins, Feb 5, 2010
  4. sandeep

    jacob navia Guest

    sandeep a écrit :
    > Hello friends
    >
    > I read a story that lccwin is no longer supported and will not be updated
    > any more. Does anyone know why or what is going on ?
    >
    > Thanks

    The reports of my death are a bit exaggerated.

    Yours truly

    lccwin

    jacob navia, Feb 5, 2010
  5. I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

    Malcolm McLean, Feb 8, 2010
  6. sandeep

    gwowen Guest

    On Feb 8, 4:06 pm, Malcolm McLean <>
    wrote:
    > I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

    Matlab/MathWorks seem to have decided that LCC 2.4.7 is the One True
    Version, and do not support any other version for use with the matlab
    compiler. They maintain their own patchset for that version,
    presumably bugfix only.

    The last time I used Jacob's lcc, it was well into the 3.x version
    numbers, and, as he said himself, it is still being regularly updated.

    gwowen, Feb 8, 2010
  7. Malcolm McLean <> writes:
    > I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

    Is that lcc or lcc-win? Those are two different compilers, though the
    latter is based on the former.

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Feb 8, 2010
  8. On Feb 8, 6:43 pm, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > Malcolm McLean <> writes:
    > > I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

    > Is that lcc or lcc-win?  Those are two different compilers, though the
    > latter is based on the former.

    It's command line is lcc. I lack the technical aptitude to tell which
    version it is, or to run it outside of Matlab.

    Malcolm McLean, Feb 8, 2010
  9. sandeep

    jacob navia Guest

    Malcolm McLean a écrit :
    > On Feb 8, 6:43 pm, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >> Malcolm McLean <> writes:
    >>> I've used lcc for the first time, bundled with Matlab.

    >> Is that lcc or lcc-win? Those are two different compilers, though the
    >> latter is based on the former.
    >>

    > It's command line is lcc. I lack the technical aptitude to tell which
    > version it is, or to run it outside of Matlab.

    Matlab bought my sources some 6 years ago, I do not remember
    exactly. They refused to pay for any maintenance and they
    maintain their version themselves. Problem is, many people
    of Matlab ask me questions, and sometimes I refuse to answer
    since they should go to Matlab for help.

    The code generated by the Matlab version is very primitive,
    like the original lcc was, but apparently they are satisfied with it.

    jacob navia, Feb 8, 2010
  10. On Feb 8, 7:43 pm, jacob navia <> wrote:

    > The code generated by the Matlab version is very primitive,
    > like the original lcc was, but apparently they are satisfied with it.

    I thought. Matlab allows you to write fucntions in C, which of course
    I used for the heavy lifting (clustering, mainly). However I have been
    rather disappointed with it.

    Malcolm McLean, Feb 8, 2010