    to target a ECMA compliant Common Language Runtime would be very
    advantageousl

    Josh
    Josh Charles, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Florian Groß ha scritto:

    > Oh, and it appears that continuations are something that we might be
    > able to do without stopping to use .NET calling conventions which is
    > pretty interesting.

    how would you do that?
    AFAIK none is supporting "real" continuations in .net, even the various
    Scheme implementations for it just use escaping cont (i.e. exceptions)

    Looking forward for some implementation papers :D
    gabriele renzi, Aug 29, 2005

  3. gabriele renzi wrote:

    >> Oh, and it appears that continuations are something that we might be
    >> able to do without stopping to use .NET calling conventions which is
    >> pretty interesting.

    > how would you do that?
    > AFAIK none is supporting "real" continuations in .net, even the various
    > Scheme implementations for it just use escaping cont (i.e. exceptions)
    >
    > Looking forward for some implementation papers :D

    It's vague and not going into much detail, but
    http://flgr.dyndns.org/callcc-cil.rb shows a transformation that can
    already do more than escaping continuations.

    Note that we might still not be able to do it in all cases. I think it
    might be possible to make it work with non-local .calls, though, but I
    guess it's best to wait until we can implement it to see what is
    possible and what isn't.
    Florian Groß, Aug 29, 2005