    work w/oniguruma?

    plz provide a good spot to track dependencies as there doesnt seem to
    be a definitive answer
    jOhn, Apr 26, 2008

  2. jOhn

    jOhn Guest

    whoops that was typed on my phone, vy.n = v1.8 ...

    jOhn, Apr 26, 2008

  3. jOhn

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Apr 25, 2008, at 19:12 PM, jOhn wrote:

    > what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get v[1.8] to
    > work w/oniguruma?

    For 1.8:

    a) install the oniguruma C library.
    b) gem install oniguruma
    c) require 'oniguruma'
    Eric Hodel, Apr 26, 2008
  4. Eric Hodel wrote:
    > On Apr 25, 2008, at 19:12 PM, jOhn wrote:
    >
    >> what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get v[1.8] to
    >> work w/oniguruma?

    > For 1.8:
    >
    > a) install the oniguruma C library.
    > b) gem install oniguruma
    > c) require 'oniguruma'

    Also worth mentioning JRuby 1.1.x is compatible with 1.8 and ships with
    an oniguruma port as the default regexp.

    - Charlie
    Charles Oliver Nutter, Apr 26, 2008
  5. jOhn

    jOhn Guest

    ok but i asked b/c onig fails to compile on ubuntu via gem install, so
    it is broken but ill follow some workarounds.

    jOhn, Apr 26, 2008