status ruby 1.9 rails or 1.8 w/oniguruma

jOhn

what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get vy.n to
work w/oniguruma?

plz provide a good spot to track dependencies as there doesnt seem to
be a definitive answer

jOhn

whoops that was typed on my phone, vy.n = v1.8 ...

Eric Hodel

what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get v[1.8] to
work w/oniguruma?

For 1.8:

a) install the oniguruma C library.
b) gem install oniguruma
c) require 'oniguruma'

Charles Oliver Nutter

Eric said:
what is the official status on v1.9 with rails or how to get v[1.8] to
work w/oniguruma?

For 1.8:

a) install the oniguruma C library.
b) gem install oniguruma
c) require 'oniguruma'

Also worth mentioning JRuby 1.1.x is compatible with 1.8 and ships with
an oniguruma port as the default regexp.

- Charlie

jOhn

ok but i asked b/c onig fails to compile on ubuntu via gem install, so
it is broken but ill follow some workarounds.