statvfs clearance

Sreejith K

Python's statvfs module contains the following indexes to use with
os.statvfs() that contains the specified information

statvfs.F_BSIZE
Preferred file system block size.

statvfs.F_FRSIZE
Fundamental file system block size.

statvfs.F_BLOCKS
Total number of blocks in the filesystem.

statvfs.F_BFREE
Total number of free blocks.

statvfs.F_BAVAIL
Free blocks available to non-super user.

statvfs.F_FILES
Total number of file nodes.

statvfs.F_FFREE
Total number of free file nodes.

statvfs.F_FAVAIL
Free nodes available to non-super user.

statvfs.F_FLAG
Flags. System dependent: see statvfs man page.

statvfs.F_NAMEMAX
Maximum file name length.

Can anyone tell me (or give me some links to know) what are these
values ? The first three I know, I need to know about the rest....

Albert Hopkins

[...]

The values would obviously depend on your particular system, which we
don't have. So how could we, for example, know how many free blocks you
have on your filesystem?

Hrvoje Niksic

Sreejith K said:
Python's statvfs module contains the following indexes to use with
os.statvfs() that contains the specified information

statvfs.F_BSIZE
Preferred file system block size. [...]
statvfs.F_NAMEMAX
Maximum file name length.

Can anyone tell me (or give me some links to know) what are these
values ? The first three I know, I need to know about the rest....

You can simply print them, they are integers:
8

Albert Hopkins

--

Oh, did the OP mean the values of the indices? Yeah, of course you can
just print them. Or even look at statvfs.py. It's a whopping 15 lines:

"""Constants for interpreting the results of os.statvfs() and
os.fstatvfs()."""

# Indices for statvfs struct members in the tuple returned by
# os.statvfs() and os.fstatvfs().

F_BSIZE = 0 # Preferred file system block size
F_FRSIZE = 1 # Fundamental file system block size
F_BLOCKS = 2 # Total number of file system blocks (FRSIZE)
F_BFREE = 3 # Total number of free blocks
F_BAVAIL = 4 # Free blocks available to non-superuser
F_FILES = 5 # Total number of file nodes
F_FFREE = 6 # Total number of free file nodes
F_FAVAIL = 7 # Free nodes available to non-superuser
F_FLAG = 8 # Flags (see your local statvfs man page)
F_NAMEMAX = 9 # Maximum file name length