std::map associative container question

Kai-Uwe Bux

Diego said:
virtual ~number(); , instead

public number, instead of public base

Oops, thanks for the corrections.
Kai, don't get me wrong.

Let me make one of my own: it's "Kai-Uwe".
Actually, I know it was only typos, but my intention is help the OP.

That's always understood. To tell the truth, "base" was a typo. The
missing "virtual" was a real misthink: I had the virtual in there at some
point and deleted it thinking I could do without. Don't ask why or what I
was thinking -- it's beyond me now, especially since I went on to write
that number has to be polymorphic.

Thanks again

Kai-Uwe Bux