std::string or vector<BYTE>

Mosfet

Hi,

I would like to retrieve a stream containing a unicode string, so I
would like to know what is the best methode to retrieve this stream.
Here is what is currently done :

do
{
pStream->Read(szBuf, 255, &ulNumChars);
if (ulNumChars >0)
{
static CString strBodyPart;

memmove(strBodyPart.GetBuffer(ulNumChars), szBuf, ulNumChars);
strBody += strBodyPart;
strBodyPart.ReleaseBuffer(ulNumChars);
}
} while (ulNumChars >= 255);

I would like to replace this code by something portable and I don't know
if I should use a vector<BYTE> or a std::string.
How would you do it in a efficient maner ?

Mosfet

Mosfet a écrit :
Hi,

I would like to retrieve a stream containing a unicode string, so I
would like to know what is the best methode to retrieve this stream.
Here is what is currently done :

do
{
pStream->Read(szBuf, 255, &ulNumChars);
if (ulNumChars >0)
{
static CString strBodyPart;

memmove(strBodyPart.GetBuffer(ulNumChars), szBuf, ulNumChars);
strBody += strBodyPart;
strBodyPart.ReleaseBuffer(ulNumChars);
}
} while (ulNumChars >= 255);

I would like to replace this code by something portable and I don't know
if I should use a vector<BYTE> or a std::string.
How would you do it in a efficient maner ?
Finally I did this :

std::vector<BYTE> arrByte;
arrByte.reserve(255);

do
{
hr = pStream->Read(szBuf, 255, &ulNumChars);
if (ulNumChars >0)
{
arrByte.insert(arrByte.end(), szBuf, szBuf+ulNumChars);
}
} while (ulNumChars >= 255);