    9(sparc) system.

    How do I rectify this situation?

    Thanks

    Mikail Dellovich, Mar 21, 2007

  2. Mikail Dellovich

    Jim Langston Guest

    "Mikail Dellovich" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    > 9(sparc) system.
    >
    > How do I rectify this situation?

    I don't know what stdint.h is, but are you sure it's not <stdint> ?

    Jim Langston, Mar 21, 2007

  3. Mikail Dellovich

    Ian Collins Guest

    Mikail Dellovich wrote:
    > stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    > 9(sparc) system.
    >
    > How do I rectify this situation?

    Upgrade and/or install Studio 11.

    Follow-up set.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Mikail Dellovich wrote:
    > stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    > 9(sparc) system.
    >
    > How do I rectify this situation?

    By writing your own.

    Martin Ambuhl, Mar 21, 2007
  5. "Jim Langston" <> writes:
    > "Mikail Dellovich" <> wrote in message
    >> stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    >> 9(sparc) system.
    >>
    >> How do I rectify this situation?

    > I don't know what stdint.h is, but are you sure it's not <stdint> ?

    <stdint.h> is a standard C header, introduced by the C99 standard.
    (Note that the question was cross-posted to comp.unix.solaris,
    comp.lang.c, and comp.lang.c++.)

    Keith Thompson, Mar 21, 2007
  6. Mikail Dellovich <> writes:

    >stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    >9(sparc) system.

    >How do I rectify this situation?

    You don't; there's no stdint.h for Solaris 9.

    Casper

    Casper H.S. Dik, Mar 21, 2007
  7. Mikail Dellovich said:

    > stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    > 9(sparc) system.
    >
    > How do I rectify this situation?

    The easiest way is simply not to write code that requires stdint.h -
    then it doesn't matter whether it's there or not.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Mar 21, 2007
  8. Casper H.S. Dik <> writes:
    > Mikail Dellovich <> writes:
    >>stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    >>9(sparc) system.

    >>How do I rectify this situation?

    > You don't; there's no stdint.h for Solaris 9.

    But it's easy enough to write your own equivalent header. See, for
    example, <http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/q8/index.html>.

    Keith Thompson, Mar 21, 2007
  9. Mikail Dellovich

    Guest

    On Mar 20, 10:59 pm, Mikail Dellovich <> wrote:
    > stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    > 9(sparc) system.
    >
    > How do I rectify this situation?

    Can you try this:

    http://www.pobox.com/~qed/pstdint.h

    I am not aware of the status with respect to testing on older Sparc
    systems. I'd be curious to know how it turns out. Hopefully, even if
    its not quite right, it should be fairly easy to whip it into shape.

    --
    Paul Hsieh
    http://www.pobox.com/~qed/

    , Mar 21, 2007
  10. Alan Coopersmith, Mar 27, 2007
  11. ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.unix.solaris.]
    On 2007-03-27, Alan Coopersmith <> wrote:
    > Mikail Dellovich <> writes in comp.unix.solaris:
    >|stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
    >|9(sparc) system.
    >|
    >|How do I rectify this situation?
    >
    > If you need C99 compliance, the solution is easy - upgrade to Solaris
    > 10 on all your systems.

    On solaris 9 you can use "<inttypes.h>".

    regards,

    --
    staf wagemakers

    Staf Wagemakers, Mar 28, 2007