    most things but it doesn't look like it handles 0x prefixes. Is there
    another way to do it, other than checking the string myself?

    Darrin
    Dal, May 1, 2006

  2. Dal wrote:
    > I am using the stdio_h.vhd package

    Post the code. That is not a standard package.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, May 1, 2006

  3. Dal

    Amal Guest

    Amal, May 1, 2006
  4. Dal

    Dal Guest

    The stdio_h package provides c type functions as so makes it easy to do
    type conversions.

    It looks like I need the "%i" format.

    Does anyone, who knows about this package, know if this format string
    will be supported? Is there any work being done on this package?
    Dal, May 2, 2006
  5. Dal

    Amal Guest

    Verilog has always had strong C-type formatted I/O. I sugessted that
    VHDL-200x adds support for this. You can send your requests and
    sugesstions to VHDL-200x-FT task force. I am not sure of the status of
    this package, but I have used it, but it has a few gotcha's and
    problems, but it's a great package.
    Amal, May 2, 2006