stdio_h.vhd and 0x prefixes

Dal

I am using the stdio_h.vhd package and would like to read a '0x'
prefixed hex string into an integer or slv type. sscanf seems to do
most things but it doesn't look like it handles 0x prefixes. Is there
another way to do it, other than checking the string myself?

Darrin

Dal

The stdio_h package provides c type functions as so makes it easy to do
type conversions.

It looks like I need the "%i" format.

Does anyone, who knows about this package, know if this format string
will be supported? Is there any work being done on this package?

Amal

Verilog has always had strong C-type formatted I/O. I sugessted that
VHDL-200x adds support for this. You can send your requests and
sugesstions to VHDL-200x-FT task force. I am not sure of the status of
this package, but I have used it, but it has a few gotcha's and
problems, but it's a great package.