stdlib doc for logger.findCaller() needs update.

jitudon

The logger objects findCaller() method is returning a "3" element
tuple instead of "2" two as
documented in the 2.4.4 Python Library Reference .DocString is showing
it correctly.

findCaller()
Finds the caller's source filename and line number. Returns the
filename and line number as a 2-element tuple.

[jnair@sunazaki python]$ python
Python 2.4.4 (#1, Feb 2 2007, 17:43:17)
[GCC 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Help on method findCaller in module logging:

findCaller(self) method of logging.RootLogger instance
Find the stack frame of the caller so that we can note the source
file name, line number and function name.

Vinay Sajip

The logger objects findCaller() method is returning a "3" element
tuple instead of "2" two as
documented in the 2.4.4 Python Library Reference .DocString is showing
it correctly.

I've updated the docs - the next 2.4.x release should have them.
Thanks for the report.

Vinay Sajip

Steve Holden

Vinay said:
I've updated the docs - the next 2.4.x release should have them.
Thanks for the report.
Is a further 2.4 release planned?

I'd have thought that unless a security issue appears the answer is
likely to be "no".

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag your way to fame!!

Steve Holden

Vinay said:
I've updated the docs - the next 2.4.x release should have them.
Thanks for the report.
Is a further 2.4 release planned?

I'd have thought that unless a security issue appears the answer is
likely to be "no".

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag your way to fame!!
holdenweb.blogspot.com squidoo.com/pythonology
tagged items: del.icio.us/steve.holden/python
All these services currently offer free registration!
-------------- Thank You for Reading ----------------

Vinay Sajip

Is a further 2.4 release planned?

I'd have thought that unless a security issue appears the answer is
likely to be "no".

You never know - and it didn't take long to commit the change to
release24-maint, so why not?!

Regards,

Vinay