stdlib doc - rd2

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ara.T.Howard, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. Ara.T.Howard

    Ara.T.Howard Guest

    rubyists-

    so, it seems that all the docs in ruby-1.8.0 are in rd format. fine with me.
    has anyone got a script out there to generate docs for all the dist files, not
    that it will be too hard but... i suppose a bettter question is: are the docs
    downloadable anywhere?

    if ruby is shipping with rd formatted docs - why not include rd2 (or similar)
    with all dists?

    i'm poking around in /usr/local/ruby and my windows dist, but no seeing
    anything obvious...

    -a
    ====================================
    ====================================

    Ara.T.Howard, Oct 5, 2003

  2. On Monday, October 6, 2003, 1:38:10 AM, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

    > rubyists-

    > so, it seems that all the docs in ruby-1.8.0 are in rd format. fine with me.
    > has anyone got a script out there to generate docs for all the dist files, not
    > that it will be too hard but... i suppose a bettter question is: are the docs
    > downloadable anywhere?

    If you're talking about the documentation for library files, then it's
    a mix. Some are in RD format, some are in RDoc format, and some are
    not documented. A couple of us are trying to get them all into RDoc
    format.

    We've done enough of them now that it's worth pausing to make them
    downloadable. That's what the recently-created stdlib-doc project is
    for. There's nothing in the CVS at the moment, but if anyone wants to
    help generate a web page that contains all the available
    documentation, I'd really appreciate it.

    What I'm aiming for is a web page that looks like a normal RDoc
    webpage, except that there's an extra frame on the left side that
    lists all the packages (benchmark, cgi, complex, csv, ...). When you
    click one of those, the rest of the page shows the RDoc for that
    package.

    Also, there should be a "Conslidated" link that shows RDoc for all
    packages combined.

    When I get the project infrastructure set up, I'll put a task to this
    effect on RubyForge and hope someone bites.

    > [...]

    Cheers,
    Gavin

    Gavin Sinclair, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Ara.T.Howard

    Ara.T.Howard Guest

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

    gavin-

    i am slammed for the next month - but if there are specifice things i could
    contribute to this end, i would like to.

    -a

    Ara.T.Howard, Oct 6, 2003