stenography

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Alexander Alexander, Jan 5, 2010.

  1. Hello. Is the following problem: write stenography information literally
    in the BMP file. How can this be achieved in Ruby?

    Alexander Alexander, Jan 5, 2010

  2. Alexander Alexander

    Chris Hulan Guest

    On Jan 5, 8:42 am, Alexander Alexander <>
    wrote:
    > Hello. Is the following problem: write stenography information literally
    > in the BMP file. How can this be achieved in Ruby?

    stenography is writing in short-hand
    Are you trying to capture a picture of such text?
    Or are you trying to hide info in a picture (steganography)?

    Chris Hulan, Jan 5, 2010

  3. Il giorno 05/gen/2010, alle ore 15.55, Chris Hulan ha scritto:

    > On Jan 5, 8:42 am, Alexander Alexander <>
    > wrote:
    >> Hello. Is the following problem: write stenography information literally
    >> in the BMP file. How can this be achieved in Ruby?
    >> --

    > stenography is writing in short-hand
    > Are you trying to capture a picture of such text?
    > Or are you trying to hide info in a picture (steganography)?

    Cool! I hope there steganography gem around XD

    Simone D'Amico
    *nix powered

    Simone D'Amico, Jan 5, 2010
  4. Alexander Alexander, Jan 5, 2010
  5. Alexander Alexander

    Chris Hulan Guest

    On Jan 5, 10:02 am, Alexander Alexander <>
    wrote:
    > I need - Or are you trying to hide info in a picture (steganography).

    A quick Google didn't turn up any Ruby libs but I did find this:
    "http://magdalena.thedarkmere.net/~beau/COT4810 Final Paper
    Grantham.pdf"

    looks like he used Ruby

    cheers

    Chris Hulan, Jan 5, 2010
  6. Chris Hulan wrote:
    > On Jan 5, 10:02�am, Alexander Alexander <>
    > wrote:
    >> I need - Or are you trying to hide info in a picture (steganography).
    >> --

    > A quick Google didn't turn up any Ruby libs but I did find this:
    > "http://magdalena.thedarkmere.net/~beau/COT4810 Final Paper
    > Grantham.pdf"

    Your link something does not work :(.

    Gregory Biasky, Jan 5, 2010
  7. Jonathan Nielsen, Jan 5, 2010
  8. Jonathan Nielsen, Jan 5, 2010
  9. Gregory Biasky wrote:
    > Chris Hulan wrote:
    >> On Jan 5, 10:02�am, Alexander Alexander <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> I need - Or are you trying to hide info in a picture (steganography).
    >>> --

    >> A quick Google didn't turn up any Ruby libs but I did find this:
    >> "http://magdalena.thedarkmere.net/~beau/COT4810 Final Paper
    >> Grantham.pdf"

    > Your link something does not work :(.

    Replace spaces with %20 to make a valid URL.
    http://magdalena.thedarkmere.net/~beau/COT4810 Final Paper Grantham.pdf

    Brian Candler, Jan 5, 2010