still Authentication problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jenny, Nov 13, 2003.

  1. Jenny

    Jenny Guest

    Hi all

    I've problems with forms authentication. I'm using a simple
    function on the login.aspx page:

    Private Sub LoginButton_Click(ByVal sender As
    LoginButton.Click
    If (FormsAuthentication.Authenticate(TextBox_Name.Text,
    TextBox_Password.Text)) Then

    FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(TextBox_Name.Text, True)
    Response.Redirect("Webform1.aspx", False)

    Else
    End If
    End Sub
    End Class

    And my web.config:

    <authentication mode="Forms" >
    <forms
    name="AuthCookie"
    path="\"
    loginUrl="Login.aspx"
    protection="All"
    timeout="300">
    <credentials passwordFormat="Clear">
    <user name="Test" password="Password"/>
    </credentials>
    </forms>
    </authentication>

    <authorization>
    <allow users="Test"/>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

    After starting and entering the correct information I'm
    redirected from webform1.aspx to login.aspx with
    http://localhost/Authentification/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Authentification/Webform1.aspx

    But I can find the AuthCookie in the Internet Explorer. Is
    there something to change in IIS? I'm really at a loss!

    Thanks for help

    Jenny

    Jenny, Nov 13, 2003