Still Learning, can I do this?

Jeff Uchtman

I have 3 different check box's on a DB query display. Can I check all 3
fields and if all are <null>, base my display verses if all are on or a
mixture of on and off?

Thanks
Jeff

Ray at

Yes, you can do this. I guess one thing to know/remember is:

True + True + True = True
True + True + False = False
True + False + False = False
False + False + False = False

Are your values really null though? By checkboxes, do you mean "yes/no"
fields in an Access database? If so, CBool the values when you bring them
out to be sure that there boolean true/false values.

Ray at home

Jeff Uchtman

Thanks Ray at where ever you are right now. Yes, I am <null> as its MSSQL
using a bit format. I beleive I understand the direction you pointed out
and will see if I can make it work. Thanks for the input.

Jeff

Ray at

If you factor in nulls, there's also this to consider:

null And null = null
null And false = false
null and true = null

Ray at home