STILL need help w. Security Exception

Discussion in 'Java' started by Steve Burrus, May 10, 2004.

  1. Steve Burrus

    Steve Burrus Guest

    Hi all again, I still find myself in need of some help/assistance with
    always getting the Java Exception "java.security.AccessControlException"
    when I try to see a compiled Swing applet in my favorite web browser!!!
    Here is a dump from the Java Console for your inspection :

    "Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.1_02
    Using JRE version 1.4.1_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen Burrus

    Proxy Configuration: Browser Proxy Configuration

    (java.io.FilePermission tiger.gif read)

    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)

    at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(Unknown Source)

    at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(Unknown Source)

    at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)

    at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)

    at ImageMap.<init>(ToolTipsBasedOnMousePosition.java:21)

    at ToolTipsBasedOnMousePosition.init(ToolTipsBasedOnMousePosition.java:8)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)"

    Steve Burrus, May 10, 2004

  2. Steve Burrus

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, May 10, 2004

  3. In article <nwSnc.7624$>,
    Steve Burrus <> wrote:

    >:Hi all again, I still find myself in need of some help/assistance with
    >:always getting the Java Exception "java.security.AccessControlException"
    >:when I try to see a compiled Swing applet in my favorite web browser!!!
    >:Here is a dump from the Java Console for your inspection :
    >:
    >:"Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.1_02
    >:Using JRE version 1.4.1_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    >:User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen Burrus
    >:
    >:proxy Configuration: Browser Proxy Configuration
    >:
    >:----------------------------------------------------
    >:java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
    :mad:java.io.FilePermission tiger.gif read)
    >:
    >: at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at ImageMap.<init>(ToolTipsBasedOnMousePosition.java:21)
    >:
    >: at ToolTipsBasedOnMousePosition.init(ToolTipsBasedOnMousePosition.java:8)
    >:
    >: at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
    >:
    >: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)"

    It's telling you exactly what the error is. You're evidently trying to
    read a local file (tiger.gif) on the local filesystem from an unsigned
    applet.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama

    Steve W. Jackson, May 11, 2004
  4. Steve Burrus

    Steve Burrus Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:30:59 GMT, Steve Burrus <>
    > wrote or quoted :
    >
    >AccessControlException
    >
    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/errormessages.html

    Roedy, while I really do appreciate your attempted help/assistance with
    my problem with getting that Java Exception, I must say that you have
    sent me that link to your website before, and I went to it, BUT it
    really didn't help me out at all!!!

    I mean, I never saw any explicit reference to my specific problem with
    getting that "javax.security. AccessControl java.io.FileNotFoundException"!!

    Do u feel like helping me out of my "terrible" [sic] problem or not, I
    might directly and pointedly ask you right now??? And after you have
    answered my question of you, I would like to know just what your
    "mindprod.com" is??? Are you based up there in Canada??? In what city
    anyway? But back to this exception, I HAVE corrected this problem in
    the past by putting this line of code into the file : (now this is
    trying to get a graphic file seen. )

    "ImageIcon ic = new
    ImageIcon(getClass().getResource("['nameofgraphicfile']"));

    Steve Burrus, May 11, 2004