    web start ? What do you suggest me about ?

    Thanks all !

    Stefano.

    Stefano Falconetti, Oct 6, 2003

  2. "Stefano Falconetti" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > what do you suggest now that java is at the version 1.4.x to distribute
    > an application? As applet, as application, as an application with java
    > web start ? What do you suggest me about ?
    >
    > Thanks all !
    >
    > Stefano.

    If its going to be a text ticker, it should be an applet. If its going to be
    a full blown word processor, then an application is the way to go. The
    application can be in the form of webstart or not. Hope this helps.

    Miguel.

    Miguel De Anda, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Stefano Falconetti, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Stefano Falconetti wrote:

    > Thank you !

    However... I have seen a few pretty impressive applets. Do a search for
    "pit command nascar", they seem to have done a pretty cool applet that
    displays tons of live nascar data.

    Miguel De Anda, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Stefano Falconetti

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Miguel De Anda <> wrote or quoted:

    > However... I have seen a few pretty impressive applets. Do a search for
    > "pit command nascar", they seem to have done a pretty cool applet that
    > displays tons of live nascar data.

    They seem to want complete access to your machine to do it, though.

    I thought "stuff that" - and said "no" - but apparently the applet
    launched anyway.

    A hole in the 1.4.2 beta security framework, perhaps? :-(
    --

    Tim Tyler, Oct 11, 2003