Still problem with Beta 2.0, who can help?

Wernfried Schwenkner

I've run a site with beta 1.0 without any problems. Since I've
installed Beta 2.0 I can't even run a simple empty page.

Creating an empty site, adding a Default.aspx form. This runs on the
temporary IIS started from within the studio.

But copying the site to the real IIS site, I get the error

Der Typ '_Default' konnte nicht geladen werden.
(Translation: The type '_Default' could not be loaded) within the line
CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

What am I missing?
One answer I've got from a german page was, that I didn't remove the
prevous beta before installing 2.0. So I've removed and reinstalled it
three times without any sucess, still the same error.

Aren't there any hints? I will not reinstall my windows. Plz help
someone.

TDAVISJR

In you @Page directive you have Inherits="_Default" , please make sure that
this is the class name in your codebehind file. Hey, just post the code for
your aspx file and your aspx.cs file. That would help

Wernfried Schwenkner

Hey, just post the code for
your aspx file and your aspx.cs file. That would help

Here it comes:

CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">

</form>

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

{

}
}

Wernfried Schwenkner

I've seen a hint in the browsers error message (copy from the page)

Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'.
--------

Parserfehler
Beschreibung: Beim Verarbeiten einer Resource, die für diese Anforderung
erforderlich ist, ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Überprüfen Sie folgende
Fehlerinformationen und ändern Sie die Quelldatei entsprechend.

Parser-Fehlermeldung: Der Typ '_Default' konnte nicht geladen werden.

Quellfehler:

Zeile 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
Zeile 2:
Zeile 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"

Quelldatei: C:\Portale\PortalMerlin\Default.aspx Zeile: 1

--------
Versionsinformationen: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
ASP.NET-Version:1.1.4322.573

Here I see, that version 1.1 is used instead of 2.0. Before updating
from beta 1.0 to beta 2.0 an asp site on that direktory worked with the
..Net 2.0 (beta 1). So what have I to do that the IIS also accepts (and
takes) 2.0

Brock Allen

My guess is that your application/virtual directory in IIS is still configured
to use ASP.NET 1.1 not 2.0. You need to change the mappings, and if the 2.0
framework installed properly, then the new ASP.NET tab in IIS for your application
should give you an easy way to switch the version used.

Wernfried Schwenkner

My guess is that your application/virtual directory in IIS is still configured
to use ASP.NET 1.1 not 2.0. You need to change the mappings, and if the 2.0
framework installed properly, then the new ASP.NET tab in IIS for your application
should give you an easy way to switch the version used.

Right, it seams so.

Where do I change the mappings? I don't find any ASP.NET tab.
In the web service extension, v2.0.50215 is anabled.
In ISAPI-Filter of the web site, ASP_NET_2.0.50215.44 is seen with low
priority.

Brock Allen

If the tab isn't there, then it means there's a slight problem with the ASP.NET
2.0 install -- this isn't critical, but it means you miss out on the config
stuff in the UI. So, you must do this manually, so you can use aspnet_regiis.exe
to do this or you cann google for the ASP.NET version switcher.

BTW, the incorrect install is typpical when the past version of ASP.NET 2.0
isn't properly uninstalled. I think there's a fix, but again, you'd have
to google for it or search these NGs. I recall someone else posting a link
to the fix. I think it's as simple as registering a COM dll... which one,
I don't know ;)