Still problem with Beta 2.0, who can help?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Wernfried Schwenkner, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. I've run a site with beta 1.0 without any problems. Since I've
    installed Beta 2.0 I can't even run a simple empty page.

    Creating an empty site, adding a Default.aspx form. This runs on the
    temporary IIS started from within the studio.

    But copying the site to the real IIS site, I get the error

    Der Typ '_Default' konnte nicht geladen werden.
    (Translation: The type '_Default' could not be loaded) within the line
    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

    What am I missing?
    One answer I've got from a german page was, that I didn't remove the
    prevous beta before installing 2.0. So I've removed and reinstalled it
    three times without any sucess, still the same error.

    Aren't there any hints? I will not reinstall my windows. Plz help
    someone.

    --
    Sleepless in Berlin
    W. Schwenkner
    Wernfried Schwenkner, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Wernfried Schwenkner

    TDAVISJR Guest

    In you @Page directive you have Inherits="_Default" , please make sure that
    this is the class name in your codebehind file. Hey, just post the code for
    your aspx file and your aspx.cs file. That would help

    --
    TDAVISJR
    aka - Tampa.NET Koder

    TDAVISJR, Apr 26, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hey, just post the code for
    > your aspx file and your aspx.cs file. That would help

    Here it comes:

    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">

    </form>

    using System;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Configuration;
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.Security;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

    Sleepless in Berlin
    W. Schwenkner
    Wernfried Schwenkner, Apr 26, 2005
  4. I've seen a hint in the browsers error message (copy from the page)

    Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'.
    --------

    Parserfehler
    Beschreibung: Beim Verarbeiten einer Resource, die für diese Anforderung
    erforderlich ist, ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Überprüfen Sie folgende
    Fehlerinformationen und ändern Sie die Quelldatei entsprechend.

    Parser-Fehlermeldung: Der Typ '_Default' konnte nicht geladen werden.

    Quellfehler:

    Zeile 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
    Zeile 2:
    Zeile 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"

    Quelldatei: C:\Portale\PortalMerlin\Default.aspx Zeile: 1

    --------
    Versionsinformationen: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
    ASP.NET-Version:1.1.4322.573

    Here I see, that version 1.1 is used instead of 2.0. Before updating
    from beta 1.0 to beta 2.0 an asp site on that direktory worked with the
    ..Net 2.0 (beta 1). So what have I to do that the IIS also accepts (and
    takes) 2.0

    --
    Sleepless in Berlin
    W. Schwenkner
    Wernfried Schwenkner, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Wernfried Schwenkner

    Brock Allen Guest

    My guess is that your application/virtual directory in IIS is still configured
    to use ASP.NET 1.1 not 2.0. You need to change the mappings, and if the 2.0
    framework installed properly, then the new ASP.NET tab in IIS for your application
    should give you an easy way to switch the version used.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Apr 26, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > My guess is that your application/virtual directory in IIS is still configured
    > to use ASP.NET 1.1 not 2.0. You need to change the mappings, and if the 2.0
    > framework installed properly, then the new ASP.NET tab in IIS for your application
    > should give you an easy way to switch the version used.

    Right, it seams so.

    Where do I change the mappings? I don't find any ASP.NET tab.
    In the web service extension, v2.0.50215 is anabled.
    In ISAPI-Filter of the web site, ASP_NET_2.0.50215.44 is seen with low
    priority.

    --
    Sleepless in Berlin
    W. Schwenkner
    Wernfried Schwenkner, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Use Denis Bauer's free ASP.NET Version Switcher.

    http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 26, 2005
  8. Wernfried Schwenkner, Apr 26, 2005
  9. Wernfried Schwenkner

    Brock Allen Guest

    If the tab isn't there, then it means there's a slight problem with the ASP.NET
    2.0 install -- this isn't critical, but it means you miss out on the config
    stuff in the UI. So, you must do this manually, so you can use aspnet_regiis.exe
    to do this or you cann google for the ASP.NET version switcher.

    BTW, the incorrect install is typpical when the past version of ASP.NET 2.0
    isn't properly uninstalled. I think there's a fix, but again, you'd have
    to google for it or search these NGs. I recall someone else posting a link
    to the fix. I think it's as simple as registering a COM dll... which one,
    I don't know ;)

    Brock Allen, Apr 26, 2005