Still trying to compile Ming (Flash) for windows :(

Discussion in 'Python' started by jmdeschamps, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. jmdeschamps

    jmdeschamps Guest

    I've tried to follow gerhard lead from:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=-gmbh.net&rnum=1

    but wind up with

    C:\ming\py_ext>python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32
    running build
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    building 'mingc' extension
    gcc -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -I.. -IC:\Python23\include
    -IC:\Python23\PC -c mi
    ng_wrap.c -o build\temp.win32-2.3\Release\ming_wrap.o
    error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file or directory

    C:\ming\py_ext>

    I don't have SWIG (not sure what it is ?)
    Actually, didn't have ming.wrap.c either, but downloaded that from the
    net...

    HELP ! if anyone knows how ... (I am rather not good at C++)

    Thanks in advance,

    Jean-Marc
    PS I have ming (Flash stuff sources), I have Mingc (the compiler), i
    have python 2.3, on windows XP

    jmdeschamps, Apr 20, 2004

  2. jmdeschamps

    Jeff Epler Guest

    If you type simply
    gcc
    at the command prompt, do you get an error that it's not found, or a
    message like
    gcc: no input files
    ? If you get a "not found" error, then you need to set your "PATH"
    variable to include the directory where gcc.exe and other mingw
    executables reside.

    Jeff

    Jeff Epler, Apr 21, 2004