STL errors on linux platform

pervinder

Hi,
I am using STL from http://www.stlport.org/download.html (ver 4.6.2)
I see hundered's of error while compilation. I have a c++ prog
which uses stl. I am providing the stlport in the include -I while
compilation, but do not know why its throwing errors...

Compiling testStl.cpp
/grid/common/pkgs/gcc/v3.2.3p1/include/c++/3.2.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc:
In member function `virtual _InIter std::num_get<_CharT,
_InIter>::do_get(_InIter, _InIter, std::ios_base&, std::_Ios_Iostate&,
short unsigned int&) const':
/grid/common/pkgs/gcc/v3.2.3p1/include/c++/3.2.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc:474:
syntax error before `short'
/grid/common/pkgs/gcc/v3.2.3p1/include/c++/3.2.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc:
In member function `virtual _InIter std::num_get<_CharT,
_InIter>::do_get(_InIter, _InIter, std::ios_base&, std::_Ios_Iostate&,
unsigned int&) const':
/grid/common/pkgs/gcc/v3.2.3p1/include/c++/3.2.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc:493:
syntax error before `int'
/grid/common/pkgs/gcc/v3.2.3p1/include/c++/3.2.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc:
In member function `_OutIter std::num_put<_CharT,
_OutIter>::_M_convert_float(_OutIter, std::ios_base&, _CharT, char,
_ValueT) const':
/grid/common/pkgs/gcc/v3.2.3p1/include/c++/3.2.3/bits/locale_facets.tcc:632:
syntax error before `>' token

Actually what is happening is that, my c++ prog includes iostream,
which is
picked from STLport-4.6.2/stlport/iostream

which includes # include <wrap_std/iostream>
and this is being looked in my compiler installation like
/gcc/v3.2.3p1/include/c++/3.2.3/iostream
Its not picking this from STL istelf, which probably is causing the
above
errors...

PS : I do not see these errors when i compile the same code on solaris
(forte7/8)

Regards, ~Pervinder

Mike Wahler

pervinder said:
Hi,
I am using STL from http://www.stlport.org/download.html (ver 4.6.2)
I see hundered's of error while compilation. I have a c++ prog
which uses stl. I am providing the stlport in the include -I while
compilation, but do not know why its throwing errors...
[snip list of error messages]
Actually what is happening is that, my c++ prog includes iostream,
which is
picked from STLport-4.6.2/stlport/iostream

which includes # include <wrap_std/iostream>
and this is being looked in my compiler installation like
/gcc/v3.2.3p1/include/c++/3.2.3/iostream
Its not picking this from STL istelf, which probably is causing the
above
errors...

PS : I do not see these errors when i compile the same code on solaris
(forte7/8)

We do not see your code, therefore we cannot diagnose it.

-Mike

pervinder

Mike,
My main concern is that does gcc works with STL port ? Or there are some
issues. If i provide -I./stlport in the compile line, it errors and if i do
not provide -I./stlport it works...
And the error is about the header files, like my code uses stdio.h, and
compilker picks this file from ./stloport/ locations, not from the standard
locations.

Regards, ~Pervinder

pervinder said:
Mike,
My main concern is that does gcc works with STL port ?

Ask that somewhere where those products are topical.

Here we only discuss the C++ language itself, not
particular implementations or their interoperability
(or lack thereof).
Or there are some
issues. If i provide -I./stlport in the compile line, it errors and if i do
not provide -I./stlport it works...
And the error is about the header files, like my code uses stdio.h, and
compilker picks this file from ./stloport/ locations, not from the standard
locations.

Check the support resources for gcc and STLport.

-Mike