    --
    Alex Vinokur
    mailto:

    Alex Vinokur, May 13, 2004

  2. Alex Vinokur

    Tim Love Guest

    "Alex Vinokur" <> writes:

    >Does STL contain algorithms which generate (enable to generate) exponents, permutations, arrangements, and combinations for any
    >numbers and words?

    exponents?

    Here's a quickie example of permutations that I had lying around. See the
    doc for details.

    #include <vector> //for vector
    #include <functional> //for less
    #include <iostream>
    using namespace std;
    int main()
    {
    char a2[] = "abcdefghij";
    vector<char> m2(a2, a2+10);
    vector<char> next_m2((size_t)10);

    next_m2=m2;
    next_permutation(next_m2.begin(),
    next_m2.end(),less<int>());

    cout << "Original values: ";
    copy(m2.begin(),m2.end(),
    ostream_iterator<char>(cout," "));
    cout << endl;

    cout << "Next Permutation: ";
    copy(next_m2.begin(),next_m2.end(),
    ostream_iterator<char>(cout," "));
    cout << endl << endl;

    return 0;
    }

    Tim Love, May 13, 2004

  3. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    "Tim Love" <> wrote in message news:c7vu3k$5hi$...
    > "Alex Vinokur" <> writes:
    >
    > >Does STL contain algorithms which generate (enable to generate) exponents, permutations, arrangements, and combinations for any
    > >numbers and words?

    > exponents?

    [snip]

    See http://www.saliu.com/permutations.html
    An example of exponents (N=3, M=3): 111,112,113,121,122,123,131,132, etc. (a total of 27 sets).
    An example of permutations (for N = 3): 1 2 3, 1 3 2, 2 1 3, 2 3 1, 3 1 2, 3 2 1.
    An example of arrangements (for N = 3, M = 2): 1 2, 1 3, 2 1, 2 3, 3 1, 3 2.
    An example of combinations (for N = 3, M = 2): 1 2, 1 3, 2 3.

    Alex Vinokur
    mailto:

    Alex Vinokur, May 13, 2004