STL information

Allan Bruce

Hi there,
are there any good web resources giving info about the available STL
templates? My book just mentions them but doesnt give any examples.
Thanks
Allan

Roy Smith

Allan Bruce said:
are there any good web resources giving info about the available STL
templates? My book just mentions them but doesnt give any examples.

A Google search for "STL" will turn up hundreds of good links.

My personal starting point for STL reference material is SGI's site:

http://sgi.com/tech/stl/

I guess a lot of other people agree with me, because that's the link
that just happens to show up first in Google.

John Ericson

Allan Bruce said:
Hi there,
are there any good web resources giving info about the available STL
templates? My book just mentions them but doesnt give any examples.
Thanks
Allan

Well, you could Google if you want web resources.

http://www.dinkumware.com/refxcpp.html
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclang98/HTML/stdlbhm.asp

http://www.boost.org/ is very interesting.

Not necessarily a web resource, but check out
http://www.josuttis.com/libbook/index.html and
http://www.aristeia.com/
"C++ Standard Library", Nicolai Josuttis, and "Effective
STL", Scott Meyers.

Be aware your compiler may have quirks.

- -
Best Regards, John E.

Andrew Koenig

Allan> Hi there, are there any good web resources giving info about
Allan> the available STL templates? My book just mentions them but
Allan> doesnt give any examples. Thanks Allan

Sounds like you need a different book.