    templates? My book just mentions them but doesnt give any examples.
    Thanks
    Allan

    Allan Bruce, Jul 19, 2003

  2. Allan Bruce

    Roy Smith Guest

    "Allan Bruce" <> wrote:
    > are there any good web resources giving info about the available STL
    > templates? My book just mentions them but doesnt give any examples.

    A Google search for "STL" will turn up hundreds of good links.

    My personal starting point for STL reference material is SGI's site:

    http://sgi.com/tech/stl/

    I guess a lot of other people agree with me, because that's the link
    that just happens to show up first in Google.

    Roy Smith, Jul 19, 2003

  3. Allan Bruce

    John Ericson Guest

    "Allan Bruce" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > are there any good web resources giving info about the

    available STL
    > templates? My book just mentions them but doesnt give any

    examples.
    > Thanks
    > Allan

    Well, you could Google if you want web resources.

    http://www.dinkumware.com/refxcpp.html
    http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclang98/HTML/stdlbhm.asp

    http://www.boost.org/ is very interesting.

    Not necessarily a web resource, but check out
    http://www.josuttis.com/libbook/index.html and
    http://www.aristeia.com/
    "C++ Standard Library", Nicolai Josuttis, and "Effective
    STL", Scott Meyers.

    Be aware your compiler may have quirks.

    - -
    Best Regards, John E.

    John Ericson, Jul 19, 2003
  4. Allan> Hi there, are there any good web resources giving info about
    Allan> the available STL templates? My book just mentions them but
    Allan> doesnt give any examples. Thanks Allan

    Sounds like you need a different book.

    --
    Andrew Koenig,