STLport-4.5.3 and native (Microsoft) stl

Boris

Hi,

I'm using STLport-4.5.3 with Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows XP. It seems, the
module built requires MSVCP60.DLL - which (mostly) contains Streams
implementation by Microsoft. So, STLport falls back on Microsoft
implementation of STL for Streams support. That Microsoft DLL is ~ 500K in
size...because my app is deployed over Internet, these extra 500K present a
problem.
Q1. Can STLport-4.5.3 be configured to not use Microsoft's STL at all (I
still do need Streams support)?
Q2. Will it save me some space? I built STLPort_VC6.dll (using a makefile
from STLport-4.5.3). It's size is ~800K, so it's bigger than the Microsoft
DLL size.
Q3. Would it help to save some space if I linked with static LIB version
(STLPort_VC6_static.lib), instead of DLL version?

Thanks,
Boris

PS. Is this the right forum for such questions? If not, please recommend a
more suitable one.

Ian

Boris wrote:>
PS. Is this the right forum for such questions? If not, please recommend a
more suitable one.
OT here, a quick look back through the past week here will tell you that.

Try one of

microsoft.public.win32.programmer....