Stongly-typed DataSet & Relationships

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kyle K., Nov 8, 2006.

  1. Kyle K.

    Kyle K. Guest

    I'll put what I'm trying to accomplish in the context the Northwind
    Database.

    I have a DataSet defined in my application (NorthwindDataSet), that has
    the Customers, Orders, & OrderDetails tables defined within it.

    I need to create a new Order record, that has several OrderDetails
    records, for a *new* Customer.

    What I would like to do is create the required Customers record and all
    the OrderDetails records from within the context of the Order and commit
    it all as part of a single transaction.

    How can I accomplish this? I have not used Strongly-typed DataSets that
    much yet and am unfamiliar with how this would work.

    Thanks for any help, pointers, etc.

    -={ Kyle }=-

    Kyle K., Nov 8, 2006

  2. Kyle,

    You can only do that by creating your own transaction SQL as SP or just as
    code.

    Otherwise it is table by table (what I advice you to do, and be aware on the
    sequence, related to the dataviewstates.)

    Cor

    Cor Ligthert [MVP], Nov 9, 2006