stoopid begineer with a question

roberts.noah

WToma said:
Do you know how many gourp members does it take to change a light bulb?

That is a hardware issue and has nothing to do with C++. Certainly the
standard neither states, nor implies, anything about light bulbs. You
should ask your question in a group specific to your specific lighting
management system.

JustBoo

That is a hardware issue and has nothing to do with C++. Certainly the
standard neither states, nor implies, anything about light bulbs. You
should ask your question in a group specific to your specific lighting
management system.

YOU! [Moe voice] Why I oughtta'! Bwha! :-D
Um... Merry Christmas you bastard! <g>
[That's a little... um, just a little um... joke. sigh]

Admit it, right before you clicked on this when you saw my moniker,
just for a split second you thought, oh... :-D

"One night I walked home very late and fell asleep in somebody's
satellite dish. My dreams showed up on TVs all over the world."-sw

JustBoo

That would be for production code correct? Let's parse the real
meaning of the emulating monkey-sheep-speech designed to impress the
perceived Alpha Males.

Argh: You are a stupid fool and I am more superior than you. [While
the monkey-sheep looks back for approval and acceptance from the
perceived Alpha Males.]

Let's examine some code from the good Doctors site:
From Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ Style and Technique FAQ
http://public.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq2.html

<quote>
How do I write this very simple program?
[small bit of verbage snipped]
#include<iostream>
int main()
{
vector<double> v;

double d;
while(cin>>d) v.push_back(d); // read elements
if (!cin.eof()) { // check if input
failed
cerr << "format error\n";
return 1; // error return
}

cout << "read " << v.size() << " elements\n";

reverse(v.begin(),v.end());
cout << "elements in reverse order:\n";
for (int i = 0; i<v.size(); ++i) cout << v << '\n';

return 0; // success return
}
</quote>

And another:
<quote>
int main()
{
cout << "Please enter a word:\n";

string s;
cin>>s;

cout << "You entered " << s << '\n';
}
</quote>

You'll find his usage of "using namespace std;" all through his
examples.

If it's good enough for the "founder/creator" then it's good enough
for... well I guess we're going to find out.

I think it's clear, in short *example* programs it should not be a
constant myopic language lawyer wannabe's dream to constantly,
snottily, constantly, pedantically, constantly, humorlessly,
constantly beat that dead horse to a pulp.

"The land that had nourished him and had borne him fruit
now turned against him and called him a fruit. Man, I hate
land like that." -- Jack Handey

Default User

WToma said:
Do you know how many gourp members does it take to change a light
bulb? :)

The ISO C++ standard does not define the gourp class, so we have no
idea what it's members might be.

Brian

REH

Default User said:
The ISO C++ standard does not define the gourp class, so we have no
idea what it's members might be.

Brian

Besides, we're software guys. We leave that up to the hardware engineers.

REH