Stop and start services

marius

Hi!
I'm trying to make myself a simple webpage, enabling me to stop and
start certain services on the server.
I've been doing some reading, and have given permission for ASPNET
account to the services I'd like to control, but then I get stuck on a
"The RPC server is unavailable" error.

It does give me a hint:
"[InvalidOperationException: Cannot open Service Control Manager on
computer 'localhost'. This operation might require other
privileges.]", but I haven't been able to solve this.

Any hints are VERY welcome :)

Thanx!
Am

Tommy

Have you tried making the ASPNET user an administrator to see if it
works, then set the ASPNET user to a less privilege group to determine
the minimum group you'll need to be in?

Also, there is a bunch of security settings in
Start -> Programs -> Administrative tools -> Local security policy

Inside "Local security policy", go to

Security settings -> Local polices -> User rights assignment

Tommy,