stop Caching at Cisco engines for certain html pages

Harry

Hi there,

we support a school network and schools are allocated webspace. To
upload updates the schools website they FTP as follow -
ftp://www.etc.etc.co.uk and upload new files to replace old ones.

The problem we have is that the websites are cached at the Cisco
Content Engines and take upto 3days to time out and update, so when a
school uploads a new page the old is still displayed this problem only
occurs within the Network. Is there anything that can be specied on the
schools html pages (i.e.script) to stop caching taking place at the
Content Engine?

Guest

depends on where it's set but in IIS you can turn off (set to zero) the
content expiration.
If they restart the site does that fix it? If so you could just modify the
web.config (even if it's just a space) to force the server to restart the
site.

George

Add to each page the following code

Response.AddHeader("Cache-Control", "private")
It might help.

George.

Hi there,

we support a school network and schools are allocated webspace. To
upload updates the schools website they FTP as follow -
ftp://www.etc.etc.co.uk and upload new files to replace old ones.

The problem we have is that the websites are cached at the Cisco
Content Engines and take upto 3days to time out and update, so when a
school uploads a new page the old is still displayed this problem only
occurs within the Network. Is there anything that can be specied on the
schools html pages (i.e.script) to stop caching taking place at the
Content Engine?

Joerg Jooss

Harry said:
Hi there,

we support a school network and schools are allocated webspace. To
upload updates the schools website they FTP as follow -
ftp://www.etc.etc.co.uk and upload new files to replace old ones.

The problem we have is that the websites are cached at the Cisco
Content Engines and take upto 3days to time out and update, so when a
school uploads a new page the old is still displayed this problem only
occurs within the Network. Is there anything that can be specied on
the schools html pages (i.e.script) to stop caching taking place at
the Content Engine?

The pages should be marked as non-cacheable, i.e. Cache-Control:
no-cache.

Cheers,