    selected, or the month change arrows are clicked?

    Thanks and regards,
    - SpotNet
    SpotNet, Feb 15, 2009

  2. SpotNet

    SpotNet Guest

    "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > "SpotNet" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Is there a way to stop the ASP Calendar control posting pack when a day
    >> is selected, or the month change arrows are clicked?

    > That's how the calendar works. E.g. when you change month, it posts back
    > to populate itself with the days from the previous or next month. If it
    > didn't do this, what would you expect to happen when someone clicks the
    > month change arrows...?
    >

    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVP
    > http://www.markrae.net

    With a clever use of Javascript I have a solution, to (try to) answer your
    question,
    I didn't expect it, I made it happen, it can be done. The
    user may click any part of the calander without the page posting back, a
    smooth experience for the user. I recommend you try a calender control that
    doesn't
    post back when you click the month selectors to assist in your understanding
    of such functionality.
    I mean, I don't have an MVP title and I was asked by my customer to do this,
    imagine having an MVP
    title, being asked by your customer to do this, and then saying to your
    customer, "what do you expect?"

    That's one good looking Calendar MS has given us in the Dev environment,
    some third party control developers want a bit too much money for a calendar
    that has the ability not to post back, (as well as post pack, and call
    back), some 'cheaper' ones don't cut it in looks, nor functionality.
    Developers must require such functionality for some reason if these products
    are for sale, you wouldn't expect it Mark?

    - SpotNet
    SpotNet, Feb 15, 2009

  3. SpotNet

    > "SpotNet" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I recommend you try a calender control that doesn't post back when you
    >> click the month selectors to assist in your understanding of such
    >> functionality.

    > You mean like this one...?
    > http://www.codeproject.com/KB/user-...mpp=25&noise=3&sort=Position&view=Quick#xx0xx
    >
    >> I mean, I don't have an MVP title and I was asked by my customer to do
    >> this, imagine having an MVP title, being asked by your customer to do
    >> this, and then saying to your customer, "what do you expect?"

    > My mistake - when you said "Stop Postback for ASP Calendar" I thought you
    > meant the <asp:Calendar /> control...
    >

    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVP
    > http://www.markrae.net

    My deep apologies Mark for being abrupt with you, I did mean the Calender
    control you mentioned in your reply, you can make it kind of "post backless"
    to a point, but not stop it from posting back. You are correct, my
    apologies. I will seek a client end Javascript control.

    Regards,
    - SpotNet
    SpotNet, Feb 16, 2009