Stop Visual Studio from regenerating Design View

GMartin

Is there any way you can stop Visual Studio .NET 2003, from
regenerating the HTML every time you go into Design View? I'm mostly
in the Code behind page, and just want to pop over to check a couple
properties.

For some larger pages, it's a real nuisance. The Design View
regenerates the page, and I have to scroll down to find the control I
wanted to check.

Jordan Richard

Nope - many of us never open an aspx or ascx in design view in VS.NET 2003
because of this and similar issues (well documented, and presumably fixed in
VS.NET 2005). Instead, we open and edit aspx and ascx files in Notepad or
Dreamweaver or FrontPage exclusively; and use VS.NET 2003 for code-behind
and for launching test sessions.

-HTH