Stopping a while loop with user input ?

pete

Flash Gordon wrote:
In n1124, section 7.13, it also says:
— All identifiers with external linkage in any of the following
subclauses (including the future library directions) are always
reserved for use as identifiers with external linkage.157)

So you can never use the names for functions unless you don't include
the relevant header *and* you declare the function as static.

Since one header may #include another,
it might not be possible to tell which headers have been #included,
just by looking at the source.

Mark McIntyre

Since one header may #include another,
it might not be possible to tell which headers have been #included,
just by looking at the source.

Not relevant to the point. Also, ISTR that standard headers aren't
allowed to arbitrarily include each other.

pete

Mark said:
Not relevant to the point. Also, ISTR that standard headers aren't
allowed to arbitrarily include each other.

My recollection is only that there are some specific library functions,
which other library functions must act as though they do not call.

Keith Thompson

Mark McIntyre said:
Not relevant to the point. Also, ISTR that standard headers aren't
allowed to arbitrarily include each other.

True, but a programmer-supplied header can include a standard header.

For example, the following:

#include "foobar.h"
static void sin(char *s);
sin("gluttony");

is ok only if you can be sure that "foobar.h" doesn't directly or
indirectly include <math.h>.

I'd comment on whether that's relevant to the point if I were sure
what the point is. (That's not a request for information.)