stopping client side caching

John Livermore

What can be done to keep pages from caching and to hit the server each
and every time they are accessed? When our users hit their back
button on the browser we need to ensure the page is reloaded from the
server and not the browser cache.

Thanks,
John

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Here is what I use.

I tried setting the expiration in IIS, but that didn't seem to work. I
don't even know what the option "Expire pages immediately" does if it does
NOT Expire pages immediately.

bill

Marc Hoeppner

Hi,

you can add the following to a html page in the header:

Of course, you can also do that programmatically in code. By adding these
headers in the Response scope.

Best regards,

Marc Höppner
NeoGeo