Stopping client side event validation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by paul.hester@gmail.com, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I've been trying unsuccessfully to stop client side event validation.
    I've created a simple page with a text box, a required field validator
    and a server button with the following settings:

    1. <pages enableEventValidation="false"> in web.config
    2. EnableClientScript="false" in the required field validator.
    3. EnableEventValidation="false" in the Page directive (which, I know,
    is not necessary).

    I can programmatically check the web.config setting and it is correctly
    set to "false".

    Whenever the validator is on the form, it generates all of the extra
    javascript (the onclick for the button, and the __EVENTTARGET and
    __EVENTARGUMENT hidden inputs).

    Is there anything I'm missing here? I just want to have server-side
    validation without the client script but there doesn't appear to be an
    easy way to turn this off.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Paul