    ?

    Thanks

    Steve
    Steve W, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Steve W

    bruce barker Guest

    for a dll to be optional, you load it at runtime, rather then including it
    in the link. remove all references to the dll, use CreateInstance() to load
    the dll, then reflection to call the methods. alternately you could supply
    an interface dll, that you linked against, then you could cast the object to
    the inteface. see any discussion of the object factory pattern.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Steve W" <_spam> wrote in message
    > I hope this makes sense !
    >
    > We have an VB ASP.NET Web Application. In the bin directory are all our
    > compiled dlls.
    >
    > We have written some integration with a 3rd party, which some of our
    > clients use and some that don't. Those that don't won't have a particular
    > dll in the bin directory of the web site.
    >
    > However, removing this dll causes a problem because .Net seems to want to
    > resolve all the references in the dlls in the bin directory.
    >
    > Is there any way to tell .Net that a particular dll doesn't need to be

    there

    bruce barker, Feb 18, 2004