Stopping people opening a page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by BobLaughland, Apr 24, 2006.

  1. BobLaughland

    BobLaughland Guest

    Hi There,

    I am writing an ASP .NET 2.0 web site.

    Just wondering how I can stop people accessing a certain page when they
    shouldn't.

    For example I have 2 pages,

    test1.aspx
    test2.aspx

    I want there to be a link on page 'test1' which will take the user to
    'test2', but if you type 'test2.aspx' in the browser pane, or hit the
    back button it shouldn't let the user view tha page 'test2' page.

    Basically the user will be filling out a form on each page, and the
    information would be incomplete or inconsistant if they went to the
    wrong page at the wrong time.

    Thanks,

    Peter.
    BobLaughland, Apr 24, 2006

  2. Look at the wizard control and its activestep index
    http://quickstart.developerfusion.co.uk/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/wizard.aspx

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft MVP

    John Timney \( MVP \), Apr 24, 2006

  3. BobLaughland

    BobLaughland Guest

    Fantastic, didn't think about using that. It will make it look and run
    very nicely I think.

    Thanks again!!!
    BobLaughland, Apr 25, 2006