    thinking that could take out the "runat=server"
    declarations in HTML. WIll that work or is there a better
    way? Is there any way to do it?
    ALPO, Nov 21, 2003

  2. If you remove runat="server" you will just be rendering the literal text of
    your controls, which the browser has no idea what to do with. If you want to
    do everything on the client, then you are going to have to roll your own
    functionality and take your actions using JavaScript instead of using the
    classes and events that the framework exposes. ASP.NET is VERY
    server-centric in its thinking, because that's where it has the most control
    over what happens.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer