Stopping secure pages appearing in history

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Astra, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Astra

    Astra Guest

    Hi All

    I know this probably sounds like a newbie question, but I was under the
    impression that secure pages (https) don't appear in the history/address bar
    history list - this appears to be incorrect?

    Should I really be putting some form of expiry command at the head of each
    of these pages if I don't want casual users to see them?

    I use Classic ASP so is it better to use a command via this lang or the old
    META methods?

    Depending on which is the best, what are these commands?

    Thanks

    Robbie

    Astra, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Astra

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    I know this probably sounds like a newbie question, but I was under the
    impression that secure pages (https) don't appear in the history/address
    bar
    history list - this appears to be incorrect?

    Should I really be putting some form of expiry command at the head of
    each
    of these pages if I don't want casual users to see them?

    I use Classic ASP so is it better to use a command via this lang or the
    old
    META methods?

    Depending on which is the best, what are these commands?

    Well for any secure pages I generally would sure that a session variable
    were OK before even being able to look at the page. And thus if the
    session were expired such as 20 minutes or whatever after a valid user
    were on that page then anyonen on that PC trying to go to that page
    again would get kicked out to the login page.

    Classic ASP Design Tips - Login Page
    http://www.bullschmidt.com/devtip-loginpage.asp

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com