Stopping secure pages appearing in history

Astra

Hi All

I know this probably sounds like a newbie question, but I was under the
impression that secure pages (https) don't appear in the history/address bar
history list - this appears to be incorrect?

Should I really be putting some form of expiry command at the head of each
of these pages if I don't want casual users to see them?

I use Classic ASP so is it better to use a command via this lang or the old
META methods?

Depending on which is the best, what are these commands?

Thanks

Robbie

Bullschmidt

<<
I know this probably sounds like a newbie question, but I was under the
impression that secure pages (https) don't appear in the history/address
bar
history list - this appears to be incorrect?

Should I really be putting some form of expiry command at the head of
each
of these pages if I don't want casual users to see them?

I use Classic ASP so is it better to use a command via this lang or the
old
META methods?

Depending on which is the best, what are these commands?
Well for any secure pages I generally would sure that a session variable
were OK before even being able to look at the page. And thus if the
session were expired such as 20 minutes or whatever after a valid user
were on that page then anyonen on that PC trying to go to that page
again would get kicked out to the login page.

Classic ASP Design Tips - Login Page
http://www.bullschmidt.com/devtip-loginpage.asp

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com