Stopwatch

Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am new to vhdl. I am trying to build a stopwatch on NEXYS 2 board. I have to have the code provided to me. The code that i have is for a counter and the counter is connected to the switch on the board. When the switch is up the counter counts and when it's down the counter stop.

I have to use buttons instead of the switches. I was able to get the button connect with the counter. At this time as long as i am holding the button down the counter keeps counting but when i left my finger it stop counts. I am trying to find how can I just press the button once and it keeps counting and doesn't stop.

Thanks