Store DataGrid val in ViewState

Patrick Delifer

Hi,
can anyone tell me how to store my Datagrid list in a viewstate? (or where
I can get such info , I looked everywhere with no luck) This is not for
sorting. The problem I'm having is the following:

1) On a specific screen, the user selects a from date and a to date and
submits

2) A DataGrid appears with a list of orders based on his dates.

3) he can select an item and update it, this works fine because I rebind the
datagrid based on the from and to dates.

Now, on that UI there is an input field that is used as a search option.

This input field allows the user to enter a waybill no or part of a waybill
no, click on a button, the the DataGrid displays the waybill(s) that the
user is searching for (it is also based on the from and to date, but with
the waybill no criteria). This is dandy. But when the user selects an item
in the DGand modifies it, the DG list changes because the DataBind issued is
based on the query From date and To date (see 3) above).

What I want is to issue DataBind that would return only the order list that
is displayed in my Datagrid. I understand the ViewState will help accomplish
this?

Thank you your help is greatly appreciated.