    guessing I just haven't found the documentation on how to utilize
    this. Thanks.
    , May 24, 2007

  2. Jeff User Guest

    On 24 May 2007 14:19:45 -0700, wrote:

    >I'm building a composite control for ASP.NET 1.1 that relies on
    >external javascript (.js) files. I've noticed the Microsoft custom web
    >controls make use of the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client subfolder to
    >store common javascript files and other include common files. I've
    >also noticed some third-party control vendors have successfully made
    >use of this folder by including their own subfolder under
    >aspnet_client and dumping .js files in there.
    >
    >I'd like to know if there is a tool that be used to map my includes to
    >point to this directory so when my control performs a <script
    >language='javascript' src='myscript.js'> it resolves to the common
    >subfolder under aspnet_client.
    >
    >It seems like Mirosoft would provide a standardized approach to
    >storing common .js files for use in custom web controls, so I'm
    >guessing I just haven't found the documentation on how to utilize
    >this. Thanks.

    Hi everyone.
    I happen to be looking for the exact same information. I would also
    like to know how to get the js files into the aspnet_client folder
    when installing the component.

    Has anyone here had experience building web controls and using js
    within?
    Thanks
    jeff
    Jeff User, May 27, 2007

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa719700(VS.71).aspx
    Alexey Smirnov, May 27, 2007
  4. On May 24, 11:19 pm, wrote:
    > I'm building a composite control for ASP.NET 1.1 that relies on
    > external javascript (.js) files. I've noticed the Microsoft custom web
    > controls make use of the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client subfolder to
    > store common javascript files and other include common files. I've
    > also noticed some third-party control vendors have successfully made
    > use of this folder by including their own subfolder under
    > aspnet_client and dumping .js files in there.
    >
    > I'd like to know if there is a tool that be used to map my includes to
    > point to this directory so when my control performs a <script
    > language='javascript' src='myscript.js'> it resolves to the common
    > subfolder under aspnet_client.
    >
    > It seems like Mirosoft would provide a standardized approach to
    > storing common .js files for use in custom web controls, so I'm
    > guessing I just haven't found the documentation on how to utilize
    > this. Thanks.

    Note: In ASP.NET 2.0 you can take advantage of web resources. Web
    resources allow resources to be embedded in an assembly and are
    retrieved through the web resources handler. The following sample
    shows use of an embedded JavaScript file and use of the
    Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptResource method.

    http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/extensibility.aspx
    Alexey Smirnov, May 27, 2007