Store large amount of data

Kiki

Hello all,
i wonder if anyone can help with the following: I have an aspx page
that uses javascript to load some data which the user will select by
check boxes. An object is created containing information re that
selection. What is the best way of storing this object so it can be
accessed even in a postback? (e.g. the user selects his products, goes
to the next step, changes his/her mind, goes back to the original page
and the page is no longer populated with the selected items). I have
considered storing the object that gets created in a Cookie, by
converting it to a string and back to an object when i need it, but the
limitation of 20 name/value combination is too small. Is HTTPHandlers
the only other option?

Thanks is advance for your help and suggestions

Joakim Braun

Kiki said:
Hello all,
i wonder if anyone can help with the following: I have an aspx page
that uses javascript to load some data which the user will select by
check boxes. An object is created containing information re that
selection. What is the best way of storing this object so it can be
accessed even in a postback? (e.g. the user selects his products, goes
to the next step, changes his/her mind, goes back to the original page
and the page is no longer populated with the selected items). I have
considered storing the object that gets created in a Cookie, by
converting it to a string and back to an object when i need it, but the
limitation of 20 name/value combination is too small. Is HTTPHandlers
the only other option?

Store the data server-side and use session variables, or store a key to the
server-side data in a cookie. Then populate the forms server-side.

Kiki

Thanks for your post Joakim. I have considered what you said but i'd
like to see that as the last solution. I would prefer to do this
client-side using the server at a later stage, once the user wants to
place the order.