    limitation of 20 name/value combination is too small. Is HTTPHandlers
    the only other option?

    Thanks is advance for your help and suggestions

    Kiki, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Kiki

    Joakim Braun Guest

    "Kiki" <> skrev i meddelandet
    news:...
    > Hello all,
    > i wonder if anyone can help with the following: I have an aspx page
    > that uses javascript to load some data which the user will select by
    > check boxes. An object is created containing information re that
    > selection. What is the best way of storing this object so it can be
    > accessed even in a postback? (e.g. the user selects his products, goes
    > to the next step, changes his/her mind, goes back to the original page
    > and the page is no longer populated with the selected items). I have
    > considered storing the object that gets created in a Cookie, by
    > converting it to a string and back to an object when i need it, but the
    > limitation of 20 name/value combination is too small. Is HTTPHandlers
    > the only other option?

    Store the data server-side and use session variables, or store a key to the
    server-side data in a cookie. Then populate the forms server-side.

    --
    Joakim Braun

    Joakim Braun, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Kiki

    Kiki Guest

    Thanks for your post Joakim. I have considered what you said but i'd
    like to see that as the last solution. I would prefer to do this
    client-side using the server at a later stage, once the user wants to
    place the order.

    Kiki, Sep 26, 2005