Store XML in a database

Stefan Garde

I need to figure out how you store a XML file (and its data) down in a
Access database, by the help of SQL.

I have tried looking through the net, but havent been very lucky (only found
a course on how to do it, which was in america somewhere i think).

I work in Java, so would be very happy if someone had some code example from
that or a link. But anything is acceptable really.

Hope to get some response

Regards,
Stefan

akmal chaudhri

I need to figure out how you store a XML file (and its data) down in a
Access database, by the help of SQL.

I have tried looking through the net, but havent been very lucky (only found
a course on how to do it, which was in america somewhere i think).

I work in Java, so would be very happy if someone had some code example from
that or a link. But anything is acceptable really.

Hope to get some response

Regards,
Stefan

Hi,

Have you looked at Bourret's site for pointers:

http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/

My colleague, Dr. Richard Edwards, has also done work in this area and has
an open source project at sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/minx/

I believe the code was developed using Java and SQL Server. However,
because Richard was trying to develop a generic architecture, you should
be able to adapt it for Access.

You can get some slides by Richard:

http://www.bcs-oops.org.uk/xmleveningseries.html

His work is also described in Chapter 8 of this book:

A.B. Chaudhri, A. Rashid and R. Zicari (eds.) (2003) XML data management:
native XML and XML-enabled database systems (Reading, Massachusetts:
Addison-Wesley)
http://www.awprofessional.com/titles/0201844524/

HTH

akmal