    Hope to get some response

    Regards,
    Stefan

    Stefan Garde, Oct 21, 2003

  2. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Stefan Garde wrote:

    > I need to figure out how you store a XML file (and its data) down in a
    > Access database, by the help of SQL.
    >
    > I have tried looking through the net, but havent been very lucky (only found
    > a course on how to do it, which was in america somewhere i think).
    >
    > I work in Java, so would be very happy if someone had some code example from
    > that or a link. But anything is acceptable really.
    >
    > Hope to get some response
    >
    > Regards,
    > Stefan

    Hi,

    Have you looked at Bourret's site for pointers:

    http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/

    My colleague, Dr. Richard Edwards, has also done work in this area and has
    an open source project at sourceforge:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/minx/

    I believe the code was developed using Java and SQL Server. However,
    because Richard was trying to develop a generic architecture, you should
    be able to adapt it for Access.

    You can get some slides by Richard:

    http://www.bcs-oops.org.uk/xmleveningseries.html

    His work is also described in Chapter 8 of this book:

    A.B. Chaudhri, A. Rashid and R. Zicari (eds.) (2003) XML data management:
    native XML and XML-enabled database systems (Reading, Massachusetts:
    Addison-Wesley)
    http://www.awprofessional.com/titles/0201844524/

    HTH

    akmal