Stored Procedures and DataSets

Guest

Hello -

I am used to retrieving data with stored procedures. DataSets have me
baffled inasmuch as it exposes Sql statements directly in the code, however,
I think I need to be working with Datasets for what I'm doing because I can't
be continually posting back to the server.

Is there a way to create datasets from stored procedures?

Also, I have three tables. If I use datasets that access data from all
three tables, do I create three datadapters and three datasets?

As you can tell, I'm quite confused. Any enlightenment will be appreciated!

Sandy

Guest

Hi Sandy,

To create datasets from stored procedure easily. Microsoft provides the
various application blocks out of which data access application block is one
which contains some handy methods to execute the stored procedures. All you
have to do is download the application block from the internet and add the
reference of that dll into your application. Once you add the reference you
will get a SQLHELPER class.

The SqlHelper has some handy methods to create datasets like executeDataSet().

To download the application blocks here is the UR
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0A-9877-4A7B-88EC-0426B48DF275&displaylang=en

Regards
Saidevakumar

Guest

Thanks for your response, saidevakumar. I was unaware of this download. I
appreciate the tip!