    Thanks

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component - Posted from .NET's Largest Community Website: http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/newsgroups/

    Isz, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Isz

    Bin Song Guest

    Hi

    First try to disable customErrors. Check Web.config in
    your project, change mode for customErrors to Off
    like:
    <!--<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />-->
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    Then you should be able to see the real error message.

    Bin Song, MCP

    procedure to page results back to the application. I'm
    doing this because I am using the Repeater control for
    it's customization. My question is how do I handle the
    case where no results are returned? I'm checking the
    return value and I'm checking to see if there is a table
    in the DataSet collection as well as checking to see
    whether there are any rows in that table. No matter what
    I do, IE returns a page cannot be displayed error message,
    even though I have turned off "Show friendly error
    messages" in IE.

    Bin Song, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Isz

    Isz Guest

    I have customErrors off. I still get the same thing

    Here is my Web.Config

    <configuration
    <system.web
    <customErrors mode="Off"/
    <compilation debug="true"/
    </system.web
    </configuration>

    ---

    Isz, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Hi Isz,

    Thanks for using the newsgroups.

    The problem shouldn't have to do with the empty DataSet. If the DataSet is
    empty then nothing will be displayed by the Repeater.

    There's something else wrong with the site.

    Some things you could look into...
    * Do other pages for the site work properly?
    * Can you step through the code for the offending page all the way to the
    end?
    * You may want to do a search on support.microsoft.com for the exact error
    message that's being returned from your web site.

    Hope this helps,
    -bliz

    --
    Jim Blizzard, MCSD .NET
    Community Developer Evangelist | http://www.microsoft.com/communities

    This posting is provided AS IS, without warranty and confers no rights.

    Jim Blizzard [MSFT], Dec 21, 2003